PERFECT PANTHER TICKETS
What is PBS?
School-wide Positive Behavior Support (SW-PBS) is a system that will be developed by our school for improving student behavior. SW-PBS includes strategies for preventing problem behavior by changing routines and by teaching new social and communication skills.
It is used:
- by all staff, with all students,
- across all environments in school (classroom, lunchroom, restroom, playground, bus, etc.); and,
- to help schools to create effective learning environments.
SW-PBS is research-based and the benefits may include: increased attendance, more positive environments, increased academic achievement, reduced school disruptions, increased positive interactions among students. SW-PBS also allows us to use data to guide our decision making. You will soon be seeing many signs in our school about our three expectations. If you have any questions, please ask your child(s) teacher (s).
How you can be involved:
- Learn about SW-PBS by reading materials sent home about SW-PBS throughout the year.
- Use SW-PBS strategies at home.